SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today when I wash my car first thing I notice is that someone swiped my hood badge. Someone peeled it off, it was there yesterday, but today gone.

I guess I need to buy one now, my question is I'm not sure if I should just get the stock blue background one or get black background one. For reference, my car is black.

I do like the blackout look and I was actually thinking of painting my stock rear 93 and Aero badges black or just flat out removed, but I'm not convinced on the black background trunk and or hood badge. Basically I'm looking for opinions. Blue or Black?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just the coloring...it was there when I parked lastnight and not there today, I just moved it in front of my driveway to wash it and it was gone. I've read a few posts where it just falls off, but I really do think maybe some kid around the neighborhood just peeled it off or something.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Just the coloring...it was there when I parked lastnight and not there today, I just moved it in front of my driveway to wash it and it was gone. I've read a few posts where it just falls off, but I really do think maybe some kid around the neighborhood just peeled it off or something.
Well if it was there at night and this morning it was gone it could have been pulled off. I know if they start to peel they're gone ha. But you have to do what you like. If you are hesitant on the black then go with stock colors. Or buy one of each and test it. Then buy the rest to match.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Me, I've always replaced with the original blue ..
After all .. Saab isn't in mourning :eek:
But alive and getting better every day :lol:

It could have come off whilst you were washing the car .. or was it just before .. anyways I'd stay blue.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I vote for black! I think it would look good with a black car. Someone on the boards has a sweet custom black Saab/Nordic symbol.

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I know, It makes me sad now because i bought it to fix up the car to sell it. My car is startng to look nice again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is an idea of black emblems on a black car :). I ordered them from seethat.ca and they've been on for over a year up in New England weather.

Kai

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I kind of don't like the Swedish flag one as the badge and the colors don't pop as much on the one linked. I think that design would look cool as a banner, but not to replace the original badge.

I was looking at this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAAB...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I like how it's embossed unlike the eu-decals one. The one thing that concerns me is that it's only 62mm and I believe the stock one is slightly larger...that and it's more expensive.

Thanks for the pictures Kai, your car looks just like mine :cool:

Decisions, decisions....if I buy one I have to buy all, hood, trunk and wheels (which I need too since they'are all faded, I suppose I could polish)

·
Registered
146 Posts
i also ordered from seethat.ca, they've been on the car almost a year now and they still look great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like that turbo one. The only problem I see with those is that they're just vinyl decals and don't seem to have the polyurethane dome over them like the others. Not that I'm concerned about durability, but how it looks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts