SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 9-5 2.3t the motor blew up a few months ago, fought with saab for a while about replaceing it. to make a long story short I'm changing it myself, Question, will the motor come out without the tranny?

I have most of the parts off the motor, the oil was so thick that you could turn the filter upside down, and the oil stayed in the filter. The oil was changed every 3500 with mobil oil. Once I have put the new motor in what will keep this from happening again?

Love my car but don't want to have to do this again in another 50,000 miles

·
Registered
57 Posts
Smitty,

I went through this last year...I think some of the posts and pics may still be up on the board. The motor does not come out without the tranny. I had 120K when the "sludge problem" siezed the engine...so I replaced it with a 35K LPT 2.3 and threw in a new clutch at the same time.
Since the recall was announced a couple months ago and I have a work order for the dealership confirming the "Sludge Problem" I'm hoping Saab will throw some comp. my way...but I'm not holding my breath. All my driving is city driving so I now change my oil every 2000 miles and use mobil one sync. 10W-40.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just bad luck boys, oil change every 10000 km is just enough.
Oke it isn't pleasant for your money but don't blame it on the sludge problem:nono;

City driving is not (always) the problem, so run the engine warm and drive ones a week a longrun and let it run on power (pedal to the metal;) )

If you do so you will never suffer again.

Hope this helps you both, it surtenly helps for my baby.

Gr EJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi there,
I don't get it... you change oil every 2000 miles??? that's 3218 kms... :eek: where i live it would cost me something like $60!! in 10.000 miles $600... whoah!! I'm waiting for the dealer to finish preparing my 2001 Aero and hope that I don't have to change the oil in such sort mileage...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts