SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here typed in blown engine??
It's scary as hell reading posts going all the way back to the beginning of this forum how many poor Saab's are dead...
I love pushing mine every now and then but can just imagine that dreaded engine knock happening.
My motor is turning 20 next year but so far so good.
2001 93

·
Registered
420 Posts
I hear you but if people don't play with the boost and replace their air mass meters regularly these cars are very reliable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my paranoia is now going to make me put fresh oil and filter in the weekend..
Get maf cleaner as well.
I have a guy I know that has lots of Saab spares and he showed me 6 motors all had cracked pistons no idea why that happened on so many motors. All being early T7

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
Probably shitty tunes on them.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
Got 100K on your MAF? Change it. Otherwise, just change the oil and plugs, DIC every 70K or so, and be nice to it. People overmod and beat the heck out of these cars... some of them are going to break. The number of them at 15-20 years old with over 100K miles running great is testimony to how good they are.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Diggs I can't argue with that...Wish I could buy a new MAF sensor but eBay doesn't exist here and if you try buy it just says we don't ship to your country 😂. And trying to fly in something from the stated is just completely ridiculous...I could fly there and just aswell collect myself.. Spares suck getting hold of its horrible I need two new front shocks and brake disks well unfortunately they DON'T exist.

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jip south Africa. I'm not sure how many Saab's were imported so going to a junk yard isn't even an option...You can find some parts by private people stripping but prices are ridiculous and we'll second hand no guarantee either..I even ordered long ago a used DIC that I had to pay in advance PARTS NEVER ARRIVED... All I can say is I really look after this car

·
Super Moderator
19,760 Posts
Is it difficult to get used parts through customs? There are plenty of parts here in USA and in Europe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Customs are no issue all I need is clearing agent but no problem at all...BUT the issue with the states is the airfreight charges. Maby I would call a shipping agent and ask...Many you could help me out sourcing for me?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Used parts are no issue..All I need is a customs clearing agent and they don't ask alot of cash.. I just don't know what airfreight charges will be privately...I will get hold of a clearing agent tomorrow and get some more info..
Maby you can or someone else help me source the parts I need?
Thanks

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
Shipping for the USA will be ridiculous... at least that's my experience lately. The UK might be a better option... one of our members here, in the classifieds, or ebay.co.uk.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks I'm going to check them out. Thanks. I found on local classifieds a Saab stripping for spares so miricals do happen. Going to check it out next week

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I went and looked @ the car. Interior good condition same as outside. It's a 2001 93se version.. The guy told me it hasn't started in a year so I asked him if I can try get it running. He laughed and said I'm shouldn't bother it will never run again!!! I then decided to go to my trunk take out spare coil pack and crank sensor ( the car had niether fitted). Installed them put battery on and you won't believe first crank it spun into life after 1 year!¡!!!!!!!!! I thought the fuel would be jelly but apparently not. This guy almost died he couldn't believe it ..So I'm considering buying the whole thing and saving it being striped

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The thing is I'm. Broke ***. LOL
Do you offer crowd funding
To save a Saab.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts