SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly the blower motor on my 9-7x isn't turning off.
I did some research and forum searching and found several threads about this happening to a 9-3. http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286986

This thread helped in that I was able to pull the fuse and get the blower to stop...
However, the fuse was under the hood of my 9-7x and not in a panel on the driver side.

Before I go digging further into my car in the cold... I wanted to know if anyone know where the resistor is located.
On the 9-3, it is behind/under the glove box. If it is there, great! If anyone is familiar, I would appreciate your insight!

·
Registered
7 Posts
go get yourself a new blower motor resister...GM came out with a new design...you will have to cut and splice the new wires for it...had to do it to my 2008 arc a couple of months ago...

cost me around 100 bucks cnd and did the install myself....the resister is located under and ahead ofthe glove box if I remember correctly ...took me all of 15 minutes to do the job..visually the resister looked in ok condition but the updated resister has a 5 prong connector rather than the 3 prong with 2 wires coming off the resister...

hope this saves you a little headache...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great DIY, Thanks. Got the part# for the resistor and why didn't you just replace the bad resistor with a direct fit part instead of doing surgery to install a different part?

updated harness with updated resister...id assume the old style was re-designed for good reason...

·
Registered
613 Posts
updated harness with updated resister...id assume the old style was re-designed for good reason...
I'm just wondering what is your screename? Is it supposed to be islam? Mine is my middle initial and part of my last name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
nope its supposed to just be slam....i guess really it dot slam hahha

nothing really behind it besides a nickname I got in highschool when i wrestled....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts