SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

2003 Saab 9-3 Vector

Air quit blowing in the car a little bit ago. Had a auto repair shop near me take a look at it and took it apart. According to them.. Its the blower motor that went which created some resistance and blew the controller of it. I found a blower motor on rock auto for like.. 150 bucks, sweet!! better then the $500 they wanted. but its the blower controller that i can't find.. Well i found them but they show 4 different kinds ranging from 50 bucks to 200 bucks... still way cheaper even for that piece. If i can find these parts, they said that they would install it no problem, i just don't want to spend there price..

If anyone could
1. Move this thread to where it should go
2. Give me some hints or a link to the correct one

Thanks everyone for their help.

3rd Small little request for the Michigan Saab'ers Where is a good saab shop at besides the stealerships?

Again Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
so Part # 13250114 for the part that i am looking for and 13250115 for the blower correct

Or..

Rock Auto
Part # {#4758272) for the controller and {#12799558} for the blower

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
so Part # 13250114 for the part that i am looking for and 13250115 for the blower correct

Or..

Rock Auto
Part # {#4758272) for the controller and {#12799558} for the blower
no,search R.Auto again putting your year as 2004..reason being some sites show 03 models as the previous gen 9-3 which is showing wrong parts..;ol;

you don't say whether you've acc(buttons & digits)or mcc(3 knobs)..

if you have acc then pt# 13250114 & 13250115 are correct ;ol;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Your right i did not and i apologize,

2003 Vector 6sp ACC Digital w/ Heated Seats

Looking into Rock...

It looks as if i should keep it the 03 model.... 04 uses the same blower and the 04 only says that its for the manuel for the controller

Defiantly glad that you said something about going up 1 year though and checked, but it looks as if i should hang with the 03 model year for this time
Unless if you know some more tricks about this?

Thanks for chiming back in

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Regarding Michigan dealerships: I take my cars to Saab of Troy. They are very fair with me often charging minimal Tech II 1/2 hour charges. They even reprogramed a used column lock where another dealer said it could not be done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regarding Michigan dealerships: I take my cars to Saab of Troy. They are very fair with me often charging minimal Tech II 1/2 hour charges. They even reprogramed a used column lock where another dealer said it could not be done.
Alright sweet, i thought about taking it there.

There is a Saab dealer here next to my work in Southfield on Telegraph and 12 mile.

Thanks for the information

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have the resistor from my old blower that works fine. Hopefully you didn't order a new one yet :cheesy: Interested?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the two transistors that go bad on the ACC blower resistor #13250114 ready to ship....also on ebay.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have the two transistors that go bad on the ACC blower resistor #13250114 ready to ship....also on ebay.
changing those two transistors don't always fix it.... I tried... blower was still constantly on.... wasted 5 bucks on digikey.... plus shipping....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i have the issue to where to dont have any fan movement.,
Mine was actually always on and drained the battery once. Then it just stopped working.... Then later it was just stuck at always on.... The controller was messed up.

You got it fixed yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts