SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on pfs and i saw the 004 atmospheric valve aka bov, and it is not compatable with the trionic 7. I am looking for a new valve since my bosch is going out, but i want it to increase throttle response as well as make that awesome whoosh sound. Is there a bov compatable? Also to anyone that has a recirculating valve, does it make any noise?:confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cry: I really wanted to get a blow off valve, but i guess i cant. Anyways i think i will order my forge valve straight from forge. They ship from florida so i could possibly save some cash on shipping since it is in the us. Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't really understand why we can use BOV's in our cars. Instead of the air being recircilated back to the intake, its goes to the atmosphere, I don't really see how this will affect the T7? Both types work same way

·
Registered
334 Posts
When it vents the computer thinks that air is still in the system. You will run rich between your shifts. You gotta get a good controller to be able to do that, and thats where you get into the full tuning aspect.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for that info, its make sense.

Just another question, wouldn't the T7 be able to detect that there is less air in the in system and adjust accordingly?

·
Registered
334 Posts
The amount of air has already been metered even before the turbo via your MAF which is located just after your filter, the air then goes through the turbo and gets compressed. There is a sensor below the BPV/BOV that I don't know what it does (wasn't present on any other turbo vehicles I worked on, pressure sensor I thought), then there is a boost pressure line that I believe is present within the intake manifold. After the MAF I dont believe there is anything that meters the amount of air.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Actually, not to steal the thread, but this APC I read of that controls boost due to airmass, correct? What happens if this is replaced with another or removed for sake of a MBC tuned relatively conservatively?

SAABs are a complicated animal, I tell ya what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts