SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some poking around on my 96 aero and I think I found the blow-off valve. it looks like an easy swap and I was wondering if anyone had a good aftermarket they could recommend along with any tips for replacing the factory one. what is gained from this upgrade (besides a louder hiss)? any sites that may help walk me through it?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Genuine saab has a nice forge one, i bought it, make sure u get the plug that comes with it, its an extra 10 buks. Well if ur running more boost, the new bov will hold the boost better because you can change the springs inside of it. You can get the bov or diverter valve, do a search its been discussed many times before

Gl

Imran

·
Registered
658 Posts
with an aftermarket bov the hiss is the boost being vented after the throttle plate is closed as opposed to being redirected back to the turbo thus extending the life of the turbo so as not to get this big pressure all of a sudden to the vanes (internal bearing)..you really will not feel any performance gains but may save from very costly repairs down the road

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you that thread helped alot. soooo from what I understand the recirc valve is the better, more reliable one, but the atmoshpheric one gives a bigger hiss?

Ive asked this before but didnt get much help,what could I do to open up my turbo some besides a larger exhaust? someone said to "open up the snorkel" but i dont even know what that is 0_o

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Airbox inside the wing, there is a plastic snorkle on it, bin it & drill lots of big holes into the airbox cover, your recirc dump valve will now sound like an atm. one & the car will breath a bit better

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have this one from FORGE, the atmospheric twin piston. My car is a 92 with AFM. I think this looks much more beefy and pruposeful. Sounds nice when blowing too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts