SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an accident(the cars fine;) ) but the seats got a little bloody. Just wondering what I could use to take the blood off without discoloring my leather?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
When cleaning biologicals out of cars (well out of anywhere) wear rubber gloves as a bare minimum - I would go with a face mask and eye shields, too. With regard to products, I would choose something like Bio Brisk - see http://www.autosmart.co.uk/InteriorCleaners.htm.

Since it's on leather, it should come off fairly easily - pay particular attention to any stitched or worn areas.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The story is accually quite funny.:D While driving my friend home he arrives to see his girlfriends ex boyfriend outside, he goes NUTS! Jumps out starts kickin his butt and not more than a minute later a group of guys drive up, it was his ride! Knowing what would happen if we stayed, I started to drive away, luckily, my top was down so he just jumped in the back.
Blood dripped on my seat and its not like its a scene outta Pulp Fiction, but its annoying to look at.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Turbo9k said:
I had an accident(the cars fine;) ) but the seats got a little bloody. Just wondering what I could use to take the blood off without discoloring my leather?
You ain't got no problem - wait for Mr. Wolf who should be coming directly...

Seriously, anything like Oxi-clean will do the trick.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
i'd be asking your mate to clean it off.... he was the one that went mental at the guy!

dont know the particulars of the incident, but was there really any call for your mate getting violent on him?

G

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
In Philly they just used to drive the cars into the swamps around the airport......;) Of course - the blood donors were generally dead and still in the vehicles -

Treat any body fluids like a bio-hazard (as mentioned) - clean well - treat the leather after cleaning (as most cleaners will dry it out)

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Get your friend to clean it - that's what I did when my friend Aaron puked in my mom's old Mercedes, both times :lol: I know they make this stuff that specializes in cleaning blood, my mom has some, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. It's in a little yellow bottle, not that that really helps you.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
get your " friend" round knock the crap out of him then collect the blood and recolour the whole set. :cheesy: only joking:evil:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ha!! Something I know about on this forum, even if it is late.

Hydrogen Peroxide will talk blood out of anything. The regular stuff you get at the drugstore for about 99cents is fine. Just put it on the stain, (it will foam up white), let it sit for a few minutes and wipe it off. Might have to do it more than once but you will see a huge differene on the first go.

Virginia

1 - 13 of 13 Posts