SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched 4 times i could not find 1 decent thread leading on how to do it yourself the removal of the orange strip in the light i tryed yesterday to pry it out i was not able to and the reflector was bigger then both of the holes in back where the lights where... PLEASE someone link to on how to do it.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
take a screwdriver and pry up against the reflector almost like your going to break the lense. it should eventually pop off. then take needle nose pliers and break the reflector up into a million pieces and pull um out one by one. its a major pain in the ***. i just bought clear corner lights instead haha cause im lazy.

i did clear one of the stock reflectors though lol then gave up on the other.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
wow.. you took the break it up into a million pieces literally :p

Just for future reference when people find this thread. If you TWIST the plastic with needle nose pliers, it will break into longer strands that you can then pull out. I did this about a year ago and definitely did not have to break it up as much as you did :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Great Job.

My one suggestion is to not drill through the exterior portion of the light. I just put a long screwdriver up in there and pried to the side and the whole thing broke free, so I got every piece out without touching compromising the exterior lens.

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great Job.

My one suggestion is to not drill through the exterior portion of the light. I just put a long screwdriver up in there and pried to the side and the whole thing broke free, so I got every piece out without touching compromising the exterior lens.
I drilled on the top corner and then sealed it so no water could get in, so far no issue and its been raining ALOT in the last 2 weeks. but yeah i was having trouble prying it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts