SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I am a newbee here to this forum, although I've owned my 1999 9-3 convertible for two years now. This car has two leaking rams, and therefore I refill the reservoir every so often with the $$$ Saab fluid, rather than replace them. I think I let the reservoir level get too low(although not empty) over the winter, because now even after refilling the reservoir, the system won't work.

It initially begins but then beeps and stops right after the locks have been released from the the fifth bow. I am figuring that maybe it is because there is too much air in the lines and needs to be bled.

I have a Haynes manual, but as with most things British, it can be a bit confusing with some of their terminolgy:confused:. I will try their method for bleeding the system, but wanted to ask anyone for their particular advice on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Jeff, you really need to find a copy of the OG9-3 WIS. It has a great section on manually adjusting and replacing parts on the verts. Nothing on Tech-II though.

The only thing it mentions about bleeding the system is to "raise and lower the top five times."

... Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. Are you referring to the Haynes manual older gen. or some other brand?

I actually manually raised and lowered the 5th bow several times, and then tried it electrically again.

It worked!:D So I didn't need to go through the whole bleeding process.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The WIS is a Saab maintenance document which can be downloaded. Look at piratebay.org and search for Saab Wis. There are normally downloads available, but they may take hours, if not days. If this site would allow larger .pdf files, I would upload various procedures. But again, the WIS does not cover the Tech-II, just the manual adjustments and repairs that can be done... Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts