SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch hose split the other day so I ordered a new OEM unit. Replaced it but for some reason I can't get it to bleed. I keep the master full, two bleed cycles and refill so no air is being introduced into the system. Ideas?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Search for the caliper bleed method. I've tried them all and that works the best (and quickest) for me.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Links? I'd like to try thr reverse method but no link?

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
I got the reverse bleed method to work once, but I hadn't had a lot of luck with it since then. All it involves is hooking a pressure bleeder up to the bleed nipple on top of the transmission and forcing fluid through there. The will cause air bubbles to be pushed out through the reservoir instead of being sucked out of the bleed nipple.

I've had much better luck with the board method. It's never failed me, and it's dirt simple. You just wedge a board between the seat and the clutch pedal so that the clutch pedal is pressed about halfway down, and leave it like that overnight. That seems to let the air rise up out of the hose and into the reservoir.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the reverse bleed method to work once, but I hadn't had a lot of luck with it since then. All it involves is hooking a pressure bleeder up to the bleed nipple on top of the transmission and forcing fluid through there. The will cause air bubbles to be pushed out through the reservoir instead of being sucked out of the bleed nipple.

I've had much better luck with the board method. It's never failed me, and it's dirt simple. You just wedge a board between the seat and the clutch pedal so that the clutch pedal is pressed about halfway down, and leave it like that overnight. That seems to let the air rise up out of the hose and into the reservoir.
That's it? You don't open anything?

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Some people say that you have to open the cap on the brake fluid reservoir, but I haven't even done that sometimes and the board method still works.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some people say that you have to open the cap on the brake fluid reservoir, but I haven't even done that sometimes and the board method still works.
I'll give it a shot. ;ol;

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I tried bleeding and could only get 1/2 a pedal and then I tried the board trick. It worked! I had 95% pedal and then did it again last night and full pedal. I would suggest filling the master all the way to the neck of the lid when doing this to assure no air gets sucked back in. Then remove the remaining overfill after satisfied with result.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts