SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I'm currently trying to bleed the clutch system/ slave cylinder. I've read all the threads and posts about this topic. I'm using the innertube with an air pump. I'm getting fluid to come out of the bleeder nipple but have not seen any air bubbles. I'm not sure if I'm putting enough pressure into the innertube. I have it blow up to the point where it pings if you tap it. I'm having trouble locating a working pressure guage. Anyways having said that, after 5-6 bleed cycles the clutch stull goes to the floor. Doesn't seem like I am making any progress at all. what am I missing or forgetting to do?
Starting to think I might have to man up and buy an actual bleeder from Eeuroparts.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
aznsaab said:
All,
I'm currently trying to bleed the clutch system/ slave cylinder. I've read all the threads and posts about this topic. I'm using the innertube with an air pump. I'm getting fluid to come out of the bleeder nipple but have not seen any air bubbles. I'm not sure if I'm putting enough pressure into the innertube. I have it blow up to the point where it pings if you tap it. I'm having trouble locating a working pressure guage. Anyways having said that, after 5-6 bleed cycles the clutch stull goes to the floor. Doesn't seem like I am making any progress at all. what am I missing or forgetting to do?
Which end have you had apart?

If you broke in at the master cylinder end, you're going to have to bleed enough to get all the fluid in the pipe through before you get to the air before the new fluid. It's not a bad idea anyway, as it'll get the nice clean new stuff through.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced the slave cylinder with the new clutch I installed. I wasn't anywhere near the master cylinder.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten the above mentioned method to work but I noticed (after thinking awhile), that instead of pressurising the fluid resivoir that the innertube was just expanding. I shelled out the 50 bucks and should have a pressure bleeder here soon. Oh and if anyone read my last post, I finally got that seal out. Decided to go try and finesse it some more while I was waiting for replies. After a long while she just popped right out. RawR!!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
aznsaab--I modified a clutch/brake reservoir cap to accept a tire valve. Very easy to put a bike pump to it: HOWEVER I discovered it was also way to easy to over pressure the system (you don't want more than 5 to 10 psi) and I was actually injecting air bubbles into the system! Just use enough pressure to get the fluid to come out the bleed nipple. Also stroke the clutch peddal several times while bleeding--air will have migrated up to the master cylinder while the slave cylinder was off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts