SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This past Friday while driving on RT 24 southbound near the MA and RI border, I saw a very nice looking blue Viggen with yellow European plates underneath his Rhodey plates. I got out of his way just in time.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
SubarAAB said:
Hello,

This past Friday while driving on RT 24 southbound near the MA and RI border, I saw a very nice looking blue Viggen with yellow European plates underneath his Rhodey plates. I got out of his way just in time.
I think I've seen that same one around Newport a bunch of times. Does it have a sticker on the rear spoiler? I know it was probably receding pretty quick, but you might have seen it.. I think it says 'no step' or something.

It was parked right outside my karate class the other night, quite near my Viggen. I got real close to it to ogle it, but no one came out to yell at me..

I think that blue looks particularly cool under those orange fluorescent parking lot lights..

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Next time you see it, put a buisiness card on the windsheild directing the owner to these forums. I've heard people doing that at the link, and it really will get some good additions to the forums.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
SubarAAB said:
way too fast to tell. his front grill was mod though. and yes, very nice blue.
Hey, you try driving one of those things on the highway and see what happens:D :cool:

Front grill modded how? Blacked out or something?

I'll leave him a note next time I see the Vig. I just get a little sketched touching someone else's car, because I know how I would react if there was someone doing anything to mine, even just touching the wiper...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Pull up real close in yours or something then, you know? I can't imagine the person would get mad then!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
stromer said:
Pull up real close in yours or something then, you know? I can't imagine the person would get mad then!
I'm not really taht afraid. I'll stick a note in if I see it. I've seen the kid driving it around before (sans shirt:roll: ) but I was on foot at the time. I think I saw him on foot the other day, because usually I dont get 'thumbs up' from people on the street, but got one then.

·
Registered
126 Posts
funny you should mention that I think I saw that guy a couple of months ago on RT. 93 near Milton. He had a blacked out grill and euro plates. First saab driver to Flash me the horns :evil:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
what were the circumstances alex?

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was morning rush hour. He basically came out of no where blazing through traffic, pulled up next to me, flashed me the horns then sped off.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Encounters with other Viggen owners can be strange, often involving high speeds:eek:

I sped up next to a Viggen on the highway last summer, gave it a peace sign, then pulled away a bit. Next thing I know the thing BLASTED past me at 100+ mph and off into the distance. Now I know how everyone else in traffic feels when I take off :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You don't need a Viggen to do that Ed!!! :roll: :cheesy: :cool:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
oh really...... :roll: :cheesy: :cool:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I saw a Viggen owner in Rochester and we locked eyes for a second but we were on opposite sides of the highway.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Not to be a downer (as I wish I had a blazing fast Viggen:cry:) but this probably doesn't belong in the workshop...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'd love to see another Viggen on the road! I've waved at regular 9-3, 9-5, and c900 owners and noone has waved back yet.

When I was driving the SPG and 900T I had more encounters.

I do get lot's of nods and thumbs up from non-saabers though:D

Did you try to catch him Subaraab?

Rogo

·
Registered
733 Posts
rogozhin- i get a lot of thumbs up from non saabers too! the other night got a thumbs up from a 325is and some american muscle car. also got a look of bewildermind from a WRX with a can on the back after i "showed him the taillights" in my 9000 aero. thers a yellow viggin in my town with those ronal three pice wheels. i wave to her but she never waves back :confused:

ben

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Sure, you dont NEED a Viggen to do 100+ mph. or even to get up there as fast as that guy did. However, seeing another Viggen, while in mine, is a rare experience, and I get pretty excited. He did too.:cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts