SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have (my employer is ordering these devices for us employees) a Blackberry 7250 phone (http://blackberry.com/products/blackberry7200/blackberry7250.shtml) in a few days. The 7250 has Bluetooth; however, I understand that my 2005 9-3 Arc does not have Bluetooth.

Now, my dealership tells me that my 9-3 is set up with the hands free phone wiring. Even though I have read several threads regarding hands free, I am still confused. Can someone tell me what I need to connect my Blackberry and to be able to use the 9-3s speakers and built-in microphone located near the reading lights. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
If you have the factory wiring harness they made available in the 2005s then I believe all you need is a bluetooth car kit that will be directly wired to the end of that harness. Power, mute, antenna(?), L/R audio, etc. Bluetooth should take care of the rest, assuming you get a kit compatible with the blackberry you're getting.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
johnc_22 said:
If you have the factory wiring harness they made available in the 2005s then I believe all you need is a bluetooth car kit that will be directly wired to the end of that harness. Power, mute, antenna(?), L/R audio, etc. Bluetooth should take care of the rest, assuming you get a kit compatible with the blackberry you're getting.
Does that wiring harness work with with earlier 9-3? Like a 2003 vector?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
No, 2005 was the first year that SAAB offered a h/f prewire kit in the 9-3SS. This is because of the incestuous relationship between GM & OnStar, and OnStar's desire to sell you their phone service. The 9-3SS Aero/Vector/Arc is delivered with a great phone built-in, only you must pay for OnStar's really expensive lame analog service. I got dropped 3 times in metro Atlanta just trying to activate my free year. So, that's the long answer. The short answer is no.

You can get a cable from Etadyne these days but it's not as easy a DIY as you have to pull the EHU to hook the cable up. I also don't believe that it offers as complete an integration as the h/f prewire kit but I'm not 100% sure of that.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
johnc_22 said:
No, 2005 was the first year that SAAB offered a h/f prewire kit in the 9-3SS. This is because of the incestuous relationship between GM & OnStar, and OnStar's desire to sell you their phone service. The 9-3SS Aero/Vector/Arc is delivered with a great phone built-in, only you must pay for OnStar's really expensive lame analog service. I got dropped 3 times in metro Atlanta just trying to activate my free year. So, that's the long answer. The short answer is no.

You can get a cable from Etadyne these days but it's not as easy a DIY as you have to pull the EHU to hook the cable up. I also don't believe that it offers as complete an integration as the h/f prewire kit but I'm not 100% sure of that.
whuch cable is that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts