SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody try to make a black housing headlight for our car??

i know that a lot of people make themself some blackhousing... just need to open the headlight then paint the part you want....

I open an headlight for my last car to clean someting in and wasnt too difficult.. but i never see anyone here do this....

A friend of mine made me a little photoshop with darker wheel and a kind of black housing... I think it could be sick!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx...
If i do it i think that I will paint the highbeam reflector (i have bixenon so i never use this beam) and probably do the same for the turning signal... all black could be sick!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol yes she modify the lip.. IMO stock aero lip its nicer than this.. héhé i prefer my aero look with smaller lip hehe

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I was looking at doing this as well...not sure what color to go with though. I have the silver 2004 Aero, what do you guys think?
Well I would still go with black. Painting yours silver won't look much different than the stock chrome from a distance.

It's funny because here it's always a question if this can be done. My other cars I never even thought. Just pulled them out, separated them, and painted. These are a little different has as I don't want to screw with the projectors and to be honest, without painting the whole light it looks funny. And I'm in no way painting the whole housing and losing light output here in CT.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I blacked out all of mine and lost my high beams but with upgraded HIDs it's no problem at all. I really like the look of it but it was a PITA to get the lens seperated from the housing. It took a long time in the oven.. ALOT more work than on other cars but still worth it for a unique look.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would have to say a matte finish paint would be much more OEM looking....and you might as well do the high/blinker reflectors with something like VHT nite shade tint for plastic models.....otherwise it's too contrasty....

Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts