SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any company that sells headlights for the 9-3 w/ black housing...

Similar to JDM-spec type stuff for Hondas or the picture below (my buddy's Audi)...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
No idea, but that Audi is hotness. Gosh I want those rims for my 9-5 along with the lights. Yeah guys, any idea of where to get them for 9-3's and 9-5's?

·
Registered
59 Posts
2.0Trollhättan said:
Does anyone know of any company that sells headlights for the 9-3 w/ black housing...

Similar to JDM-spec type stuff for Hondas or the picture below (my buddy's Audi)...
That is a very nice looking Audi!

·
Registered
171 Posts
in my other car (Chrysler sebring)

we would heat up the whole headlight (taken out from the car and all bulbs out of the headlight of course :confused: ) in a oven @ 125 - 150 for 5 min's (preheated) and the sticky adhesive would loosen up then we would pull off the headlight lenses off and then paint it or use high temp paint.

or if your talking about the eye brown. us poor folks use our getto skills and just tape it up with some black electric tape and then use a fine razor

but I would never do that to my Saab :cheesy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, I am talking about the actual headlights; not the eyebrows. I just think they're so classy looking. Below is a pic of my old car w/ JDM headlights.

Now you see, from my buddy's car, that I have some competition. I need to start hooking up my car asap!

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
i think if u were to heat up the whole headlight housing like speedeng is saying then the chrome covering on our headlight housings would loosen up and then u could take it off, and easily paint it black to get the look ur going for

im thinking of doing it, a buddy of mine did the same thing on his black 04 jetta GLI and i think it looks real good

·
Registered
171 Posts
SeanArc said:
i think if u were to heat up the whole headlight housing like speedeng is saying then the chrome covering on our headlight housings would loosen up and then u could take it off, and easily paint it black to get the look ur going for

im thinking of doing it, a buddy of mine did the same thing on his black 04 jetta GLI and i think it looks real good
I would love to find a headlight even a wrecked one off from a salvage yard to try it out, & just to write up a how to for you guys

but my $ is tight :cry: at the sec..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts