SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given a silver APC box from another Saab 900 and when i went to install it, my car wouldn't crank. it just kept trying to turn over. I would put the black box back on and the car cranks fine. Any ideas? IS there anything i can do to make it work? My Turbo isn't working right, it only boosts after 3rd gear and barely boosts at that. The silver APC box is Jettronic on the front and is Bosch

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I've only ever seen black or red APC boxes, not silver. Are we talking about the same thing? I don't think Bosch ever made APC boxes only Saab. Are you sure you are not talking about the fuel ECU? These are made by Bosch, in the US at least. Putting the wrong one in will cause it not to run. The Jetronic is not an APC box, but a fuel ECU

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
You've got the engine ECU (Bosch Jetronic) mixed up with the Automatic Performance Control seperate boost controller.
You sure have ..and the ECU you have been given needs to match the vehicle

that is the year .. Turbo/non turbo ...

However .. Your issue re lack of boost ... is not likely to be related to your ECU ( silver box in the right hand footwell) so put the original back and start back at GO .

it is also unlikely to be related to your black APC box mounted on the Left side inner fender .

There a myriad of possibilities .. Best start is in the FAQS .. and or search on the subject ...

Vac Leaks .. Base boost settings .. Fuel Octane .. Timing .. Plugs ... leads .. The list goes on and on ...

The Bently also has a reasonable step by step trouble shooting guide on Boost ..

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wasn't the 1985 APC box silver? This was located under the rear seat not on the left frontside wing fender IICRC. Was it this box?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Nutcase> doh! You are right! Missed the part where the OP said it had Jetronic on it! :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've got the engine ECU (Bosch Jetronic) mixed up with the Automatic Performance Control seperate boost controller.

Could I do anything with this box? My neighbor totaled his Saab and gave me this out of it. If mine is working fine then I should have no use for it. Spare part i guess.. Thanks for the help though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts