SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point this summer I noticed that the paint along the bottom of my 86 900S was looking bad like it was wrinkling and peeling. Its only happening on the drivers side under the body molding, from the front to rear.

Now I see that it is not the paint at all but a plastic sheet/coating that I think is clear. Looks like I can peel it off, but I'm afraid of what may be underneath. The car is in great shape and there is no exterior rust along the bottom of the car.

I thought I would check with all of you to tell me what is going on and what I should do. Peel it? Paint it? Peel then paint? Frown and bear it? :cry:

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Boil water in a kettle and the pour it all over then peel, it will help you remove it more easily. Heatguns can burn/destroy your paint if you are not careful

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks exactly like the rock chip protection tape. It's a beautiful day here so i'm going to boil some water and have at it.

Also, did the previous owner put this on or is this standard on other SAABs? Just wondering. I'm also wondering why one side got all fouled up and the other side looks fine.

Anyway, thanks for the help. :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts