SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.... not posted for a while but still reading ! Anyway, I'm looking for some advice.My Koni FSD paired with my Hirsch springs have covered 40k now and the Saab has become woefully under damped... Comfy but just too much bounce for my liking although they still stiffen up on the twisties !

I can get a set of Bilstein B6 for £400 but I'm confused with info I'm getting on the web. Some sites suggest that you can use B6 with lowering springs up to 30mm ( will suit my springs ) and others sites recommend B6 with standard springs and the B8's with ALL lowering springs !

Does any one out there have any of the combinations of B6 with standard aero springs/lowering springs or B8 with lowering springs that can give me some feedback ?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
9,663 Posts
going with what bilstein say on their site, i'd go with the B8 shocks..

Shortened high-performance shock absorbers for
virtually every lowering spring set and series production sport vehicles

just done a quick search on the bil site b6 for standard chassis & b8 for sports suspension

·
Registered
139 Posts
What he said.
I know NeoBros had a bit of a confusing write up on the B6, and they changed it when I questioned them about it some time ago. Suspect other sites to be a bit hasty in the copy/pasting as well?
And for the little difference in price, why risk it?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like the B8's are the ones made for my set up. I don't want to get back to the severe harshness of the OE Aero suspension so I'll try and find reviews of the B8'S before I commit.

Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
which hirsch springs do you have ? The 15mm ones or the 30/35mm ones ?
Im using the B6 with aero springs which is barely a drop at all.

B6 will be fine with the 15mm springs. But if you can get B8's and you always plan to have your car lowered then by all means get those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts