SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i crashed my car and scratched up my wheels ive been considering some aftermarkets. Obviously I want some big wheels :cheesy: Whats the biggest wheels/tires you can throw on these babys without rubbing when youve got a full car?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think there are a few on here with 19" wheels. The key being, to correctly size the tires so that the outside diameter of the tires remains the same.

I went with 17" wheels with 225/45 tires. I was worried about ride quality and bending rims. Unfortunately, I think I was a little conservative. I feel like I should have gone with the 18" wheels. Keep us updated what you ending up going with.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Speedparts slapped some 20's on their cars. Pretty sweet if you ask me... but if you're going for performance, 20's on a car our size will probably only be a detriment to acceleration and braking.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I was looking at 18s, I have an arc so Ive got the 16s...had the 16s.... lol

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
soggy said:
Actually I was looking at 18s, I have an arc so Ive got the 16s...had the 16s.... lol
While others have gone bigger, 18"s are the largest recommended by Saab. Not sure if that matters to you, but since you're looking at 18's anyway, I think you can get some that look real nice, fill out the wells, and won't compromise anything (like your warranty, possibly.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Awesome alloys! They go really well with your Saab. Excellent choice. Is your car lowered? Whats the make of the alloys and is the lip polished?
Do you have any side shots.

Regards,
Raj :p

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thank you!

The alloys are "ACE Spyder" a discontinued model I am afraid, at least here in Sweden, the car is lowered 30mm.s using Eibach springs, and yes, the lip is polished..

Here.s a bad side shot (I suck at pics :cheesy: )

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow dude youre car is like...my background on my computer now lol. You should get the rear spoiler on it and it'd be even more sexy...

anyways if i put 18s on my arc am i going to want to get it lowered? will there be a noticable difference? I dont want a stupid looking car...

·
Registered
545 Posts
soggy said:
Wow dude youre car is like...my background on my computer now lol. You should get the rear spoiler on it and it'd be even more sexy...

anyways if i put 18s on my arc am i going to want to get it lowered? will there be a noticable difference? I dont want a stupid looking car...

Thanks ;oops:

Well, I have the rear spoiler, it comes standard on Aero ;)

You would want to lower your car if equipping it with 18s, a lowered car looks just so much better.. but then again its all a matter of taste..

·
Banned
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
you cant really see the spoiler in the last pic, too small ;)

anyways i know a lowered car looks a lot better im just wondering if its worth the money. Im not sure if ill have this car in a year and a half from now.... how much did it cost you to lower the car?

my got i just realized you dont have window tints!! :nono; I had 20% put all the way around my car and it looks ded sexi.

·
Registered
545 Posts
soggy said:
you cant really see the spoiler in the last pic, too small ;)

anyways i know a lowered car looks a lot better im just wondering if its worth the money. Im not sure if ill have this car in a year and a half from now.... how much did it cost you to lower the car?

my got i just realized you dont have window tints!! :nono; I had 20% put all the way around my car and it looks ded sexi.

The cost wasnt great at all, the springs cost 1400 SEK wich is about 200 USD.
And i changed them myself, it wasnt that hard, it took about 2 hours.

I have actually made an appointment for window tinting at a company that really does a great job, the downside is that its pretty expencive..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts