SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Wheel Arches

Try Euro Car Parts, they do chrome arches for around £50 (not sure how much$ though), you'll have to get them colour matched (I sprayed up the ons I got to match the body) and if you have SPG kit you also need to cut them down a bit but you should end up with something similar.

I'll try and take a pic this weekend and post it so you can see what they look like.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
wheel arches

I had to do some major bodging to get them on properly, i'm not sure what your supposed to do with the screws supplied???

I ended up using a combo of washers, nuts, bolts and epoxy on the to fit them, hopefully i should be able to unscrew the bolts and take them off if needed, just not tested the theory yet!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there more expensive than i thought:roll: . i guess i'll keep looking but i have a feeling that i will be ordering them from there.
Pete

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought some just like those on ebay for 40 bucks. They were in a polished stainless steel finish which looks really tacky but I'm going to have them painted flat black so they do not stand out.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
wheel arches

Doh, managed to put a huge scratch down one this weekend so will be respraying again!

Sos no pic's, digi was out of batteries n did'nt get a chance to pick any up.

·
Registered
510 Posts
that's a rediculous amount of money for 4 pieces of plastic. I'd go to a body shop first and see if they can fab something up for less than that amount of money.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Yeah, those do look great installed. I have a set of 3 here, pretty useless! Been looking for the forth for a couple years now!
-Rob

·
Registered
565 Posts
Make 'em yourself!

Working with polyester isn't that hard you know!
Get a few pieces of hard foam, cut and grind them untill you have the design you want. Then cover them with aluminium-foil or something similar and cover with polyester. A bit of work, but very cheap and quite decent if you put some effort into it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts