SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has got to be an April fool's joke by a photoshop fanatic, but then....it is reported on some Swedish website.

For those of you that can read Swedish, the original report is here. I've posted a dodgy internet translation and the pics here.

In summary, it's another badge engineering job, basing a big flagship vehicle on the Monaro. The pictures actually look OK.

At the very least, the idea is interesting. Not entirely within the Saab philosophy, but then again, the Saab philosophy will change with the times, right? (I mean, who ever thought they'd build a car with a 4 stroke engine??)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being an Aussie, I can't help but be partial to it. Very unSaab-like concept, but gee, it looks good. it would have to be a possible 7-series contender if done right. Maybe 6-series.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Hmm it was posted on april 1st...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mattlach said:
Hmm it was posted on april 1st...
a SAAB GTO eh ?
RWD, big power, Saab design outside (well, front and rear badges and valances), if the interior were 'Saab' I would have to seriously consider it, if it's not an April Fools joke

·
Registered
359 Posts
April 1. car.

You can see it by:

-date
-photoshop pictures
-model name
-totally against Saab philosophy and thats the joke part of this

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As mentioned at the top, it HAS to be an April fool's thingy. But a big flagship performance cruiser at the top of an expanded range wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
The interior was definitely subpar. The exterior is rather handsome and the performance is certainly there though.
It's a muscle car, it's supposed to have a huge engine and everything else is thrown in as an after thought. With a redone interior it would be quite nice, and I think that pic (even if it is a photo chop) is ahndsome.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
A saab drifter would be cool, eh?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
ugh, I didn't think of engines. That could suck things up a bit.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Take the straight 6 out of the base pickups, destroke it to about 3.0L, add a turbo or two and Trionic engine management. tada :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
That could be nice, but the base pick-ups have the 4.3 v6. The small pic ups have 4 and 5 cylender engines. The trailblazer, and similar models have the 4.2 I-6

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
mmmm twin turbo I6 in a rwd coupe that looked more saabish than that and nicer on the inside would be NIIICEEE.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Ok, the 3.8 v6 is gonna need some turbos..........and dual overhead cams.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts