SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for the TD04 to arrive to replace my wasted GT17, I have been doing some other jobs on my 2000 95 2.3 ltp. I have dropped the sump (looked good), pulled the cam cover and retorqued the head (also looked good under the cover), installed the newest pcv fix, installed the fuel line retainer at the pump, updated air intake tube from G.S.,poly trans mount also from G.S., clear side blinkers, and today I installed a new t-stat and heat control valve. I decided to remove the t-body intake tube for easier access to the t-stat, when I did the t-body and tube was covered with oil :eek: ! I suspect that the intercooler is full of oil also:cry: . Is it possible that the turbo blew oil into the air intake side instead of the exhaust side and thats why I didn't see the signs of it going in time? Now the REAL question, How do I clean out the intercooler? Does it have to be removed (I'm sure it does)? How do you remove it? And most importantly.............Does it need to be replaced??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, a blown turbo will blow oil into the delivery pipe connected to the throttle body. You will also need to remove the intercooler and clean it out of oil and and any broken pieces from the turbo. Here's info on how to remove rhe intercooler.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Some oil residue is normal in the delivery pipe, how much oil was in there? :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris 9-5 said:
Some oil residue is normal in the delivery pipe, how much oil was in there? :confused:
It was dripping out of the tube when I removed it and the t-body was saturated with oil.
pab95, Thanks, good info!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Yes a blown turbo can throw oil into the intercooler :cry:

Yes you can clean it out ;)

I'm guessing it needs to be removed from the car to do so though :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts