SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a big brake kit form Revolution Brake in OR. Have not had time to fit yet. I will post pics of the install.:D

Jeff P
[/img]

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
jprop said:
Just got a big brake kit form Revolution Brake in OR. Have not had time to fit yet. I will post pics of the install.:D

Jeff P
[/img]
I got the same kit. A bit of a wait, but it looks to be a very well layed out kit. I'll be installing mine later also, since I ran in a bit of a clutch problem and the car is now inop. Blew the teeth out of one of the disk spline fitting.

Back to the brakes... They switch from the Dynalite to the Superlite. It suppose to be a stiffer caliper. The thing certainly looks massive.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
jprop said:
I may need a spacer.:( Are you installing on a 900 or 99?
900. I am currently running a 10mm spacer for the 16" Ronals. I used their template and I clear by a good 1/4" on the wheel. They did revise the adaptor plates ,so I hope it did not change the profile of the template.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin told me someone from Washington ordered a week before me. Nice to know you. I'll let you know how things go this weekend (Sat going to try to fit). Did you source longer wheel lug studs w/the spacer?

Jeff

·
Registered
372 Posts
Tell me this is for an older 900..

What year 900 are these going on? All I ever see is Wilwood upgrades for 88+, but I'm sure that some custom bracketry would adapt them to the older style hub, right?

-Tyler
85 spg

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do not get longer wheel lugs, find a stud kit

It makes swapping wheels 100x's easier

Any local wheel shop should have them in stock for you

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hydraulic rally style? Haha, no I don't know about that one. How do the 88+ style hubs do it? Is it a drum in the rotor like old Volvos? I really wanna get something figured out withouth having to swap the axles and everything over...

-Tyler

·
Registered
789 Posts
jprop said:

Jeff P
[/img]
Where can I get this brake kit?

What do you mean “kit form”?

If it’s a “kit” could you provide the part numbers for the calipers and rotors?

It looks like just what I’ve been wanting to get for my 900.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Rhich said:
Where can I get this brake kit?

What do you mean “kit form”?

If it’s a “kit” could you provide the part numbers for the calipers and rotors?

It looks like just what I’ve been wanting to get for my 900.
The kit is available thru Revolution Brake. They have a website with a price list. All the kits are made to order and thus take about 4 week from when they charge your credit card. The kit has been redesign since Steve Y had Scanwest order their kits. They switch from the Dynalite to the Superlite caliper. Yes, there are some custom brackets to make them work. ScanWest would be the middle man and they would do all the leg work. Mine is for 88 and on. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable posting the part numbers. I had to pay for the design costs. Really not sure how Jeff feels about this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would suggest you get in touch w/ Scanwest or Revoulutuon brake and they can qoute you on you specific application and your usage (street/track etc).

Jeff

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
jprop said:

Jeff P
[/img]
Any luck on your install? My kit did not come with instructions, I figured I could wing it. spent about 2 hours flipping brackets around, different order, hat and rotor combos. I have an e-mail into Revolution. I 'll let you know what I find out. Or did you figure out the puzzle?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Couldn’t find a Revolution Brake web site but I think I found their contact information via the “yellow pages” I called and left a message.
Talked to Kevin, great guy over the phone !!!!
Brake kit will be on it's way soon !!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Rhich said:
Couldn’t find a Revolution Brake web site but I think I found their contact information via the “yellow pages” I called and left a message.
Talked to Kevin, great guy over the phone !!!!
Brake kit will be on it's way soon !!!!
http://www.revolutionbrake.com/

Give them a call because their prices are most likely lower than what is on the pdf.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I would be interested in seeing if they can provide something for the older-style hub front-handbrake system, as I am tired of clunking brakes. I did talk to another enthusiast in Edmonton two months back who had these Wilwoods installed already, and he mentioned he was not too overly impressed with their performance...he had an 86 or 88 SPG I believe, and he said the rotors warped after 1 year of use. He said he might try other rotors. Indeed, they looked good, and he mentioned that he had to move to 17" wheels to accomodate the size, but he says as far as their performance goes, they really gave him an appreciation of the stock Saab brakes; they're about just as good.

That being said, I'd still be curious how much you guys paid...no part numbers required, just want to see what I might need to allocate to get rid of that crazy noise that seems to frighten passengers and pedestrians alike! :p

li Arc

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
li Arc said:
I would be interested in seeing if they can provide something for the older-style hub front-handbrake system, as I am tired of clunking brakes. I did talk to another enthusiast in Edmonton two months back who had these Wilwoods installed already, and he mentioned he was not too overly impressed with their performance...he had an 86 or 88 SPG I believe, and he said the rotors warped after 1 year of use. He said he might try other rotors. Indeed, they looked good, and he mentioned that he had to move to 17" wheels to accomodate the size, but he says as far as their performance goes, they really gave him an appreciation of the stock Saab brakes; they're about just as good.

That being said, I'd still be curious how much you guys paid...no part numbers required, just want to see what I might need to allocate to get rid of that crazy noise that seems to frighten passengers and pedestrians alike! :p

li Arc
You will have to talk or e-mail them about the front hand brake. If your buddy has an 86 then he has dealt w/ the front hand brake unless he changed the rear axle. as for cost 1850 usd shipped from Oregon to Washington. Being a 50 lbs package further would add cost.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts