SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, quick question about the bi xenons. exactly what years do they go to? are these the ones with the cover that switch over the bulb?

the reason I ask is because I have a 2003 and want to finally do the hid swap. I want the proper reflector for the hid's so I found some hid headlights off a wrecked car. the plan was to get an hid conversion kit with ds2 bulbs to fit the original saab headlights and hopefully have the h7's for high-beams. does this sound like it should work or am I screwed because I might have to deal with a metal flap/cover I've read about? thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Comparing the stock headlight to a non xenon, from the front it doesn't look too different (although I suspect the levelling system is). What is different for sure is the bulb mount, which looks to be part of the reflector backing.

Probably easier to get proper xenon headlight units.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Another way to tell is the electrical connector on headlight that goes to car harness. On the early (bi-xenon) there are 10 pins. Later versions have a pin missing.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
With the lights on, pull the bright beam lever back a couple of times. Do this against a wall at night. Do u hear an audible clicking sound by the headlight, or does the light image on the wall change?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like I got it all backwards. The bi-xenon units use the flap and one light bulb for low and high beam from what it's all sounding like. I have to go out and check the units I found but I'm thinking they are the standard xenon headlights. I'm thinking that if they are by some chance the bi-xenon units I could then wire the flap circuit to the high beam circuit it order to open the flap fully. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the lights on, pull the bright beam lever back a couple of times. Do this against a wall at night. Do u hear an audible clicking sound by the headlight, or does the light image on the wall change?
Can't do it as the headlights are off a wrecked car in the snow about 30 miles from me...probably more actually!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Can't do it as the headlights are off a wrecked car in the snow about 30 miles from me...probably more actually!
Just wire in the HID kit to whatever housing u got, and don't worry about the flap if they are bi-xenon. Find someone with a Tech2 to change your car to xenon mode. Then change to ROW so the inner H7 high beam reflector is the high beam, much brighter this way. The bi-xenon flap only makes a bigger light pattern, where as the inner reflector adds a LOT of light down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.