SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed for first time (of course just after i pick up car from dealer from doing front end work) the driver side lite is now pink/purple and the pax. side is the "normal" ice blue/white. I was folowing my wife in her car and she pointed it out to me, i looked and sure enuf... I have never noticed this before! Is this a sign of something? could some one stole 1 and put in a bad one? Is it a seasonal/temp. thing, but only driver side? or Im i just drinking to much? Anyone else had/have this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Would indicate that bulb is on its way out and needs replacing.

Conspiracys are possible but the bulb is 3 years old. It is covered by the original wwty if you are still within that.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't believe the dealer would scam you on the headlight bulb, but im surprised they would not have noticed it was going bad (unless you have your DRL turned to "rest of world" setting.

Are you planning on getting a set of new bulbs? I wonder if these are the original bulbs, if the other one would be on its way out soon also.

Just a thought, they do recommend changing lights in pairs, but it might just be a marketing gimmick

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, driving to work today I got the Left Low Beam failure lite on the Informant. Does the warantee really cover this? Only 39K miles im still in warrantee. Will they replace in pair or is this going to be another fight with them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts