SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i love the look of the Bi-xeneons or how however you spell it but the issues they have and how delicate they are blow. So I have been having an issue where my headlight sometimes will not turn on, i checked wiring did not seem to have any issues so then I am reading about a part offered by GS to fix common headlight issues. So i order it thinking its the right part its not as its for regular style headlights in the 2003 model and anyones that just dont have the Bi-xeneons. So I am sitting in the shop here at my job talking with the mechanics and we are all trying to figure it out, finally we notice a weld broken and realize the internal headlight assembly is loose so we look around no way to fix need a new headlight. So we decide to close up and put everything back together, problem is we cant get that little metal box back on to my headlight assembly, after trying for an hour the second weld on the inside broke and now the whole internal assembly is facing down and my headlight does not work at all. So now i get to spend tons of money on a whole new headlight assembly because of how cheap these people are. Whats odd is I have replaced 3 bulbs ina year on my car all with silverstars not the Saab $200 ones even though they look better and I never had an issue getting the little box on, dont know what it is but I do know I am on the verge of just selling this car and loosing out on probably $4000 do to the value and the body damage I have not fixed yet.

If anyone knows what may have caused the issue of the headlight turning on only sometimes, mainly if i turn my car off and then start it fairly soon after (like going to the store or something) it wont turn on and its only hte headlight I have with the aftermarket bulb, i would like to know thank you.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Strange one. I've never had any problems with my Xenons, 109,000 mi. on my 03' and 80,000 mi. on my 06'.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Xenon lamps

I have to say that I had terrible experiences with Silverstar bulbs in other cars, and would never use them again, certainly not for xenons in my Aero.

Xenon is a type of noble gas, and has been known since 1898. Xenon began being used in movie projectors in the 1940s since the bulbs last so long. xenon is also environmentally friendly in its natural non compound form and is also used in medicine. Xenon is not really that mysterious or hard to spell :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenon

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I dont get it either, now to make matters worst...... I work at a car auction and had the mechanics look at it, we tried taking it apart and checkign wires even though the manual says trained personal only or whatever. SO we cant figure it out but what we do find is one of the welds holding the eye in place was broken and this is why my autolevelling has not worked since i bought the car. So we mess with it just to have the other one brake. So now my Xneon eye is tiliting downa nd still only turns on sometimes. I am buying a whole new light assembly ballast everything because its pissing me off.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I love the Bi-Xenons in my 2003. The bulbs have yet to burn out after seven years. I would never go back to halogens.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I love the Bi-Xenons in my 2003. The bulbs have yet to burn out after seven years. I would never go back to halogens.
The bi-xenons are definitely much nicer than non xenon high beams. I miss them on my 06'.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Options?

My 03 Vector just had the left headlight "failure". I am just assuming it's burned out. Can I just get a halogen replacement? I don't think I want to spend over $400 for new headlights. Does Autozone carry the right bulbs for these? Thanks.

Also is there a "how to" on changing these bulbs?

·
Registered
216 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts