SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for a while, I was trying to figure out why I would get fuel cut when mashing it in second gear from a coast (well, ~45mph) and why it would hesitate so much at higher rpms. Sometimes, I would get knocked down to base boost because of the misfires. Went through the whole intake system plugs, dic, vac lines, etc. tight as a virg...rusted bolt.

Then, I started thinking. People sometimes get poor AFRs when pumps don't flow well enough, and since Proparts is not a genuine OEM parts manufacturer, I started to think the problem might have been the fuel pump.

So, I get the aeromotive 340lph drop in pump. Put it in, and voila! Car runs well. No more jerks when mashing it, and it feels noticeably smoother up top. The boost comes on more progressively, the Torque/airmass turbo gauge moves like it's supposed to, yadda yadda yadda. It's running like it's supposed to.

So, for those who are using a Proparts pump assembly, and you're experiencing some driveability issues, that might be your problem. The pump might just not flow well enough for B235R's airmass requirements, especially when tuned. Maybe B235Es with the smaller turbos will be okay, not sure, but the fuel pump is something to consider if you're tracking down driveability issues.

Keep in mind my 9-5 aero is stock with just a GS open air intake + prefilter and GFB diverter valve. I put in the Proparts about a year and a half ago due to the sending unit failing. I couldn't conclude that it was the pump back then because the car had a list of engine/boost-related problems that I tackled down. And here we are.

So yeah, it's just something to think about if you're in the same camp. I got my aeromotive from Krona performance. If you do this, make sure to go to your local parts store to get a foot of fuel line since they don't give you enough in the box. Black goes to black, and red goes to white. I used butt splices to join the wires.

It could have been possible that I got a bad batch and other owners are chugging along just fine, but again, it's something to look out for.

Edit: Intended to post this in the workshop sub-forum. Could a mod please move?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
Parvicle
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing