SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Saab 9-5 Arc V6. It's all stock, but I am wondering how I can change the sound, exhaust wise, without spending too much money.

I would like a sound like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7W9QDhSj4
but I understand that this car probably has more done to it than I am wanting to do.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Judging from the video comments... all you need to do is have an exhaust shop remove your middle resonator, and replace it with straight pipe, then install the same Borla muffler that the guy in the video has. Should cost only a couple hundred (including muffler and installation).

It will sound different because you are comparing a 2 liter 4 cylinder against a 3 liter v6, but it's about as close as you can get.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Alarming Sounds!

We now park our cars in a concrete multi story car park at work.

When I start my car I can usually set off at least two of the neighbouring car's alarms with the exhaust sound :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
We now park our cars in a concrete multi story car park at work.

When I start my car I can usually set off at least two of the neighbouring car's alarms with the exhaust sound :p
Mmmm...that does sound rewarding. I can just see Chris starting it an extra couple times...just for effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks,

is there a certain brand of pipe, or is it just a straight pipe that goes through?

also I have a dual outlet tip right now, is it alright to get a single one like these?

and Chris, or any else that has that done, is it worth it to have that done? like do you ever get any noise complaints, and is it not too loud in the car?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Mine is simply the Abbott Racing Stainless 3" system.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Mind you I did have it with no rear muffler for a while - now that was loud :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.