SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The gears don't need washing, leave them alone. Pack with vaseline before re-assembly.
Your turbo doesn't have a crankshaft position sensor, though it seems to have the shutter wheel for one.
Put the seal back in with a whisper-thin coat of RTV sealant on the outside.
I have the oil pump cover re-installed along with the Crank pulleys. Still have to put the rest back together. I assume the vaseline pack is an alternative for priming?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just an update

Got her all back together. Everything looks good. No more leak from the Oil Housing cover. All in all not to bad of a job. Did most of it from above. Little of the work from below.
Thank you for all the help.

Looks like i have another oil leak to fix though. This one from the transmission axle/bearing seat. I will start another thread on that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Flywheel Locking Tool Availability to Borrow?

Got her all back together. Everything looks good. No more leak from the Oil Housing cover. All in all not to bad of a job. Did most of it from above. Little of the work from below.
Thank you for all the help.

Looks like i have another oil leak to fix though. This one from the transmission axle/bearing seat. I will start another thread on that.

Looking to perform the same work on my car shortly. Ordered the new pump housing o-ring and new belts since I'll be down there. Already replaced the alternator bushings.

Anyone open to letting me borrow their flywheel locking tool (Saab# 8392987)? I'll most likely only doing this job once in my lifetime.

Please PM me. Happy to pay for shipping to and from.

·
Registered
106 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts