SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I was going through my trunk full of stuff for my ongoing repairs on my 9-5, picked up a "CRC throttle body cleaner" and started reading the can.....:eek:.....:x..Sh*t! "not for use on cars with superchargers, turbochargers...." I was in a hurry and grabbed alotta stuff outta pep boys and didn't bother reading the cans. So I ask you, Saabers, which cleaner do you recommend? Your recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I don't bother taking the TB off; that's what'e good about gumout it desolves all that crap that's in the intake as well; once the TB is cleaned I spray the gumout down in the chamber while the car is running; you might get a little smoke it's just the chambers being cleaned out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't bother taking the TB off; that's what'e good about gumout it desolves all that crap that's in the intake as well; once the TB is cleaned I spray the gumout down in the chamber while the car is running; you might get a little smoke it's just the chambers being cleaned out.
+1 on this.
I usually have someone sit in the car while I spray into TB revving it to loosen up the butterfly valve, and get all the gunk out. You need to keep it revved a bit for a few minutes after the spraying to avoid it dying before the cleaner is through the system.

G

·
the instructions say to dry everything BEFORE starting the car, reason for this is there is alcohal in the cleaner and alcohal will damage catalytic converters.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the instructions say to dry everything BEFORE starting the car, reason for this is there is alcohal in the cleaner and alcohal will damage catalytic converters.
......then start up the car and spray the gumout, CRC, or N-Hexane in the TB?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts