SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am recently thinking about upgrading my intercooler setup due to my states hot weather and the heat soak prone stock intercooler taking all the fun out of driving spiritedly. My question is which intercooler have you guys seen that has the best flow rate and is best suited for our cars? Car is stock at the moment but after this stage 2 and 3 are coming since I already have an open intake and catback (soon to be turbo back with racecat) I'm thinking Evo 8 intercooler since I've seen it's a good fit. Universal 27.5x7x2 or universal 31x12x3 both universal are bar and plate. I'm leaning more towards the 31 inch but I'm not sure if it's a little too big to where I would see some lag. Any help or if you guys have some reviews of your fmic setups would be greatly appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do88 is designed to fit without modifications. Yes it sits behind the AC core, but the gains are well documented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up going with Evo 8 intercooler due to the fact that its cheaper and easy to install as well. Thanks for the replys guys.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
"My question is which intercooler have you guys seen that has the best flow rate and is best suited for our cars? "
Why you ask best, but you mean cheapest?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I actually did some research on some Evo pages and saw that the Evo 8 intercooler maxes out at about 25 to 30 psi or 400whp which is well above the stage 3 that I plan for my b207r I also saw that the pressure drop and the flow was Superior to most aftermarket units the do88 being well over 500 dollars and the Evo 8 that I sourced new in box never before installed on eBay for 200 it was a no brainier. I thank you for letting me know of the do88 but the price range is just out of my budget for this build as my next step after turning is a spec clutch and new dual mass flywheel. My 93 aero v6 however will definitely be getting the do88 treatment all in due time.:unsure::unsure:(y)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I threw the do88 on my b284 and man, what a difference. I live in Florida and I was concerned about heat soak as well. After installing, the difference is immediately noticable. Boost builds way more efficiently and quickly, and you can just feel the turbo breathing better. Can't go wrong with the do88 imo

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts