SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know the very best place to get alternate emblems for my 2006 9-3 Aero 2.8T...

Maybe a black one? Blue one? With the word "Saab" or without? whatever site has good quality ones and ideally good selection/inventory, if some1 has had experience (good quality = closest to factory quality) please let me know!

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
+1 for focuslima. His stuff is really nice. Mine are awesome and not done anywhere else that I've ever seen. Kind of why I don't show them off ha. Hit him up. I think it's about $10 per decal.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
+1 for focuslima. His stuff is really nice. Mine are awesome and not done anywhere else that I've ever seen. Kind of why I don't show them off ha. Hit him up. I think it's about $10 per decal.
Great guy, Hugo makes great 3D "domed' decals that last. He also has some great design ideas like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180479039343&viewitem=#ht_1185wt_1163

and does sets which include correct sizes for front & back, hubs and steering wheel for very reasonable cost. He's a member of this groupe and is located in Portugal.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the EU-Decals good quality or thin and flimsy? I'm trying to get one with a protective glossy feel like the factory ones... any like that?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I purchased eu-decals from ebay, just put them on the center caps of my after market rims.

Excellent fit, good quality on the decals. They are substantial, not flimsy, but in no way a metal emblem. They are a good "cover" for an existing damaged emblem, but not a replacement for an entire emblem. I have yet to see how they hold up to the elements, but so far so good.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased eu-decals from ebay, just put them on the center caps of my after market rims.

Excellent fit, good quality on the decals. They are substantial, not flimsy, but in no way a metal emblem. They are a good "cover" for an existing damaged emblem, but not a replacement for an entire emblem. I have yet to see how they hold up to the elements, but so far so good.
Wait so like a sticker? Any1 know of ANYwhere where you can get factory quality entire metal emblem?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Wait so like a sticker? Any1 know of ANYwhere where you can get factory quality entire metal emblem?
No. They're all stickers that go over the stock emblem. Why do you need metal emblems?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The guy I work with gets a lot of stuff from Billet Technology, they make a lot of aluminum replacement parts/accessories for the Chrysler LX cars. He has a good relationship with them (sponsor), and I might be getting them to make custom front and rear emblems for my 2.0T. They'd be Black anodized aluminum with the Griffin and SAAB engraved in silver.

If there is enough interest I might be able to get them to do a group buy. Let me know and I'll get my guy to talk to his contacts and get some prices.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Good lord, gogogo. Pedals fell through, but this... oh yes.
Yeah but the pedals fell through because the admins didn't want to allow the group buy right? So why would they allow this group buy. Do people really want metal emblems that bad? That will be pretty costly if he has to CNC them or something.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Good luck on a group-buy; I tried month ago to contact the admins here for a possible group buy for mObridge Ipod integration, but the emails were either not read or ignored, since I never heard back.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The guy I work with gets a lot of stuff from Billet Technology, they make a lot of aluminum replacement parts/accessories for the Chrysler LX cars. He has a good relationship with them (sponsor), and I might be getting them to make custom front and rear emblems for my 2.0T. They'd be Black anodized aluminum with the Griffin and SAAB engraved in silver.

If there is enough interest I might be able to get them to do a group buy. Let me know and I'll get my guy to talk to his contacts and get some prices.
I'd be interested barring outrageous price of course.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ditto, if the price is under $25 a piece ($50 per set) you can count me in. Also if the admins do not support group buys, we should move to email for communicating with those who are interested.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No. They're all stickers that go over the stock emblem. Why do you need metal emblems?
Why would I want stickers that go over and will get worn down? I want a quality piece of product not a sticker. Lookin' like I'm gonna say forget it and just keep my stock ones :cry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why would I want stickers that go over and will get worn down? I want a quality piece of product not a sticker. Lookin' like I'm gonna say forget it and just keep my stock ones :cry:

Hi Guys :)

It is good to hear that you are satisfied with the decals!
Just to clear things out here, the 3D Decals on ebay will not get worn down. They have a coating (that is what really makes them 3d) and protect the design agains chemicals, jet wash, sun and wheather exposure.

but I am not trying to inpinge them on anyne, just give the correct information so you can decide what best suits your needs.

cheers

1 - 20 of 85 Posts