SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they all have their similarities and difference, their own pros and cons, but I would like to know what model do you think is the best that ever came out from this brand. I personally am not that much a fan of this brand but I would still like to give it a shot, what I look for cars is simple, just appeal to me by its design that's it. So what model do you think has the best design? :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i think that all you will get from this topic is a large debate.

I'm not positive if there is a common consensus because everybody loves their saab in their own way and everyone has a favorite.

I'm not saying there's a better design over the other, but each is unique.

I definately love 85' SPG in black or white, but I'm also a huge fan of my '04 9-3

I can't say I have a favorite and I certainly cannot vouch for everyone.

but on behalf of this, welcome to the forums

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
I'm not sure they've actually made their best yet.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I'm not sure they've actually made their best yet.
Well, for their sake, lets hope so.
IMO, the '68-69 99 was their best. The succeeding models are supposed to be better and generally are.
I'm still waiting for the 4WD diesel-electric.:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
IMO, the '68-69 99 was their best.
Didn't those ones have those nasty Triumph engines? I and know a guy with a 1970 (I think) 99 that he is trying to sell. Currently doesn't run, but has been stored in a garage for the past 10ish years. He's my parts guy, and he's been holding onto it until he can find someone that wants to buy it to restore it... I'd love to, I love 99's.

Based on looks, I'd have to say the best is a classic 900. When you've got them in black, grey, white, that rust red/orange, basically any color, with the lower grey body kit and louvres... beautiful. The 99 and late 9000's play close second fiddles. For the worst (based on looks) I'd have to say I practically own it... a stock NG900. As soon as a OG9-3 body kit is throw on it, I think it's great... sorry NG'ers... opps... that's what I've got.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hey Jem - why not make this a poll? List all Saab models for all time, then ask for votes...

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

thanks for all the replies, I didn't intend to start any debate, i just want you people to post in what you think IS THE BEST FOR YOU. I can understand everyone's reason why they love this specific model of Saab. There isn't the best car who has everything right (and can please everyone according to their needs right?)

Polls would be unnecessary for this thread because that would imply that there is a winning model if one model leads the poll. Thank you for your suggestion. Appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
To me itd have to be a 9000 aero preferably witout tcs... All around best complete saab imo..

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
My top 5:

2004-2005 9-5 Aero

9000 Aero:

2008 and up 9-3 Aero Convertible

2001 9-3 Viggen Convertible

2010 9-5

1 - 12 of 12 Posts