SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 9-3 aero and i'm looking to start modding. I'm new to this whole car thing so If I could get some feedback that'd be great!

I'm looking into getting an exhaust system which gives the car a nice rumble... also I want to lower the car about 2 inches, any ideas on the best way to approach that? coils, lowering springs?

Last but not least.. is installing a BSR intake rather simple? thinking about taking that one up pretty soon.

thanks for your help. If you have any other ideas for the 2008 9-3 ss let me know!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Intake is easy to install, very straight forward since they made the pipe 1 piece now vs 2. Lowering would be H&R springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked up the h&r springs and they lower 1.4 in. In the front and they cost 240, not sure if shipping is included. I found Megan racing springs for 160$ shipped and they lower 1.8 in the front. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two, if there is any.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Megans are terrible quality wise and will rust out... the H&R's are great and 2" is a pretty large drop, unless your tracking or going for the slammed look you'll be happy with the h&r's

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
i have the suspension setup from genuine saab and i really like it.

a good thing to do for more power and just making the car way more fun to drive is getting a tune. i recommend jzw http://jzwtuning.com/

the intake will just make a cool sound but it won't add mpg or power

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey I'm new to Saab too. I don't know about Meghan Racing springs but I've seen their stuff on a lot of cars and a lot of people like them. Vogtland makes springs for this car and I've used them before on a couple different cars and always recommend them. They're made in Germany.. what else is their to say. I'm going to get kyb shocks from Amazon and Vogtland springs personally. And from what I read I wouldn't waste time money on an intake they're all short ram for this car and they all look like ****. Just buy the kN drop in filter and remove the lower portion of the airbox from behind the passenger side bumper is what I've decided to do.. I haven't decided on Vtuner, Maptun, or JZW yet but am leaning towards either JZW and VTuner and will probably go to whoever will give me a better deal as soon as I have the money in my pocket...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts