SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a nose bra on my 04 9-3ss to prevent paint nicks. Can anyone recommend the best brand?

I love my Saab, but the front plastic is very soft and nicks very easily.

Also, has anyone tried the 3M clear tape to prevent rock nicks?

Robert

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree. The clear film by 3M works great. Keep in mind that this is a product where installer experience will determine the outcome. I have seen quite alot of horrible installs and only a few great ones. If you decide to go with the clear film then ask to see real examples of the installer's work. Dont shop by price alone. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the 5 piece 3M clear bra and love it (I have it on my wife's Murano as well). My only regret is that I didn't get the 7 piece since the area of the front not covered is looking kinda "sandy" these days. I've had it for over 2 years and no fading or discoloration. One word of advice, make sure that the installer uses the 3M made for the car. I've seen a clear bra that was hand cut on the car with an exacto and as you can imagine, it was a total hack job and permanently damaged the paint.

·
Registered
489 Posts
dealer hooked me up when I purchased the car. think it was around U$300 although I had some special work done on the sills so the dog paws wouldn't scratch it entering and exiting the rear seat.

Jaime

1 - 7 of 7 Posts