SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 aero has lovely beige leather - and I want to make sure it stays that way.

I have always been impressed with Autoglym products.....is their leather care cream the way to go.

I want something to keep it in good condition (not really to clean it) - protect from cracks etc.

I could also do without it being too slidy - my wife is already complaining that my driving is causing her to "slide all over the place"! :roll:

Any suggestions.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
I've heard good reports about a product called "gliptone" (sp?), re the wife sliding all over the place.... best solution is to leave her at home.:cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
I've heard good reports about a product called "gliptone" (sp?), re the wife sliding all over the place.... best solution is to leave her at home.:cheesy:

I've just started using this stuff, at first I thought it would just leave the leather shiney and slippery looking at the initial application, however after a while the leather absorbed the gliptone, and the next day there were noticably fewer creases and wrinkles in the leather, so I have treated it again and bought a bottle for the wife :roll:

·
Registered
423 Posts
RobinHood said:
My 2000 aero has lovely beige leather - and I want to make sure it stays that way.

I have always been impressed with Autoglym products.....is their leather care cream the way to go.

I want something to keep it in good condition (not really to clean it) - protect from cracks etc.

I could also do without it being too slidy - my wife is already complaining that my driving is causing her to "slide all over the place"! :roll:

Any suggestions.

Cheers

Dan
Little pricey...but I know people that have used Leatherique for years and the interior of their cars always look brand spanking new. The leather is always nice and soft, no creases, wrinkles...etc. I've been meaning to get some myself.

http://www.leatherique.com/

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought a bottle of saab leather care when I got my car. Recently I have bought a bottle of Meguaires leather care (after beening really impressed with their gold class carwash), haven't used it yet though so i can't comment about the difference to the saab stuff.

I always give my seats a quick wipe down with Kitten upholstry cleaner before applying the leather care.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the sand beige leather in mine too, and I used Autoglym which was OK, but nothing very impressive in effect.

Some while later, I tried Gliptone (cleaner and conditioner) and it is excellent. The 'real cow' smell is very long-lasting and the effect on the surface is to make it clean and soft, while actually being LESS slippery than before it was cleaned. I shall definately use it in future.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
I hope the "real cow" smell is not manure. :cheesy:
I get that smell, trying to stop sometimes :cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts