SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Summer is here and its time to throw a coat of sunscreen on the 9-3. I had been using Meguiar's Gold Class Wax, but the bottle is a couple seasons old now - not to mention, it stains white.

Having a black car, it had swirls the day it arrived (pre-owned) and I would like something to help reduce them. Also want to avoid taping off trim so I dont get the staining if possible.

I really wanted to give Zanio products a try this year, they seem to have a great product lineup, but I just cant justify the price.

I have seen some guys giving positive reviews on Turtle Wax Ice on this site. Main appeal to me is not staining the trim - but other than that does this product help fill in swirls or would you need to apply some kind of polish specifically to help reduce swirls and then go over with the TW Ice? Also, when it comes to the ICE product, what is better - the paste or liquid? I had grown leery of Turtle Wax products as fairly cheap stuff and was kind of surprised at the positive reviews the Ice products were getting.

Any other reccomendations?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been using Ultima Polymer Sealant. Similar results to Zaino but cheaper and easier to apply. Depending on your paint you'll still need to polish first for best results.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Took mine to a detailer

after claying, ultimate compound and spray wax decided to let a Pro have a go
the results were better but the car needs a heavier compounding maybe even a wet sanding
I don't think the last wax coat does much after a 3 step process especially on black
The Pro and this was only for 40 bucks

pre cleaner
compound
sealer
carnuba
I sprayed with mequires after
I think the clear coat IS five years old and looks like it

·
Registered
824 Posts
Turtle Ice looks good right after you first apply it, but doesn't compare to the Gold Class that you have in terms of long term shine. I wax with Gold Class and use Turtle Ice on the black trim to erase the white stains. I'm sure there are better products than Gold Class, but for the money...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Carnauba wax then Autoglym bumper care on all the black trim, it brings the black trim up really well and gets removes all the white carnauba wax residue. :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi,

I just got a turtle wax black box kit. I saw on you tube a guy do his 2004 bmw 5 series and it was night and day how good it looked when it was done. My Uncle just did his Honda Pilot (2002 or so) and it looks mint.

dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Poorboys Black Hole....excellent for bringing out the shine on a dark / black car.

Poorboys compound mousse
Poorboys Black Hole
Poorboys Natty Paste
Poorboys EX-P Sealant

Szgany

1 - 7 of 7 Posts