SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put berber mats in their 9-5? I've seen them on a few of the supplier sites and I like the way they look. My '04 Arc has the sand interior (tan) and the factory mats are looking a little tired. I was thinking about going with a darker tan berber.

If you've added berber mats, do you mind taking a picture so I can see?

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting - I'd love to see some pictures as well. I've been considering black mats in my tan interior. A friend has a 528i with a tan in terior and black mats, which looks suprisingly sharp. Plus they'd do a better job hiding dirt.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaveNineFive said:
Interesting - I'd love to see some pictures as well. I've been considering black mats in my tan interior. A friend has a 528i with a tan in terior and black mats, which looks suprisingly sharp. Plus they'd do a better job hiding dirt.
I have black mats in my tan interior 9-5. They do look pretty good, but they're really cheap... they're the OEM ones from a 2007 9-5.

I'll snap a picture of it if you would like.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Got the ones from State of Nine. Very very nice. Hold up to a Minnesota winter too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DaveNineFive said:
That'd be great, Hooligan!
I'll go take one in a minute. Just don't buy the Saab mats... the new ones are very, very, very cheap.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hooligan said:
I'll go take one in a minute. Just don't buy the Saab mats... the new ones are very, very, very cheap.
Here you go... pardon the dirt! The black mats show light dirt more than the tan ones, obviously. That's the appeal in brown mats to me. It looks like State of Nine will send a sample piece, so I'll have them do that to see how well it matches the interior. If I had the lighter wood trim (the matte finish on some '02 and '03 9-5s), I think it would be perfect. I'd still like to find one of those dashboards...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks, Hooligan - those look nice. I have that lighter dashboards you're talking about, and I agree that it should look great.

I wonder how noticable the berber weave would be (now I'm thinking black berber mats may be be nice). State of Nine also has some high-quality normal carpet mats which may be a good option if the berber doesn't look good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do like the look of darker mats in there... I'll give State of Nine a ring and have them send a sample so I can get a good idea. I guess they probably would allow me to return the mats and exchange them if I don't like them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts