SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
1st post for me here, so hello everyone. My project SPG is turning into a bit more of a project than I hoped, of course. I'm wondering if anyone out there can look at these photos and tell me if I'm being paranoid, or what.

So, after a couple weeks of hard work on my new purchase, I take a look at the left hand engine mount. To my eye, it looks all bent at out of shape, especially the bracket that's attached to the motor. And now that I'm thinking about it the right hand side is a little odd too.

Of course if it's truly bent then someone did a pretty good job of repairing and hiding what would have been major damage. Hmm... Any opinions?

I'll have to buy a 2nd 900 just to see how this one is actually supposed to look. :cheesy:

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
At least they are the same mounts that all the other models use for hydraulic mounts. Looks like someone may have tried to hoist without disconnecting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting hoisting theory, anything's possible. I wonder if replacing the brackets would even work, or if things would no longer line up. The engine bay doesn't look bent up, and the car drove straight and shifted ok. But that left bracket looks twisted 20 degrees, to my eye. Now I'm really unsure how to proceed- wish I could decipher the full story somehow. Carfax was clean, so no clues there. Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts