SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an easy question I'm sure and I'm sure my Haynes would tell me if it was unpacked from our house move but: There are 2 belts on the alternator. The one nearest the back of the car is about to give up. Which one is this please? Also, should I be changing both and anything else while I'm there?
Cheers ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Change them both....while you are at it you might as well change them all since you have to take all the belts off to change these 2. These two belts are for the Alternator and Water Pump. Easy job to do. :cool:

·
4,637 Posts
And while you're at it, check the condition of the alternator mount bushes and change them if necessary. Makes a bigger job of it though...

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Oyster said:
Change them both....while you are at it you might as well change them all since you have to take all the belts off to change these 2. These two belts are for the Alternator and Water Pump. Easy job to do. :cool:
They are inexpensive too, so it is a waste of time just to do one when you have them both off anyhow!

·
Registered
239 Posts
cdaly said:
And while you're at it, check the condition of the alternator mount bushes and change them if necessary. Makes a bigger job of it though...
Check the pulley on the water pump too by grabbing it and shaking it; if you feel any give, maybe time to replace it. New belts (particularly when enthusiastically tensioned) will make an iffy pump go... west. I know. BTW, go with the Saab pump; the other ones won't last. I know too.:cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts