SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum,

I own a blue 900 Classic from 1987.
Excuse me for my poor english, but I will try to explain my problem as good as possible.
For a fortnight now, I'm finding water in my saab, drops of water dripping on my feet when I'm driving, a little pool of it in front of both frontseats. The smell of it all isn't too fresh I can tell you.
There was some dirt (leaves of trees) in the front, but I removed this and it didn't solve my problem. It isn't just a few drops, but a considerable amount of water, wetting my feet.
Someone suggested that it could come from the front window. Is there a way that I can check this. It looks fine, but I'm not sure it is.
Many thanks,

Koos Jansen
The Netherlands

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
sounds like the heater control valve to me, that's how mine went....a little bit on the floor under thr pedals at first.....then if you dont catch it...it's a gusher...

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
If you have a sunroof, make sure that the four drain holes in the corners of the frame are not blocked. The front two holes empty down the A pillars on either side of the windscreen emerging in the wheel arch, the rear two go down the C pillars and come out at the side air vents. If the water on the pedals feels slimy or like coolant then it can be a leaking heater valve. Do a search of this forum for more information on it.

Welcome to Saab Central :cool:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Swimming Pool 900

Koos Jansen said:
Hello forum,

I own a blue 900 Classic from 1987.
Excuse me for my poor english, but I will try to explain my problem as good as possible.
For a fortnight now, I'm finding water in my saab, drops of water dripping on my feet when I'm driving, a little pool of it in front of both frontseats. The smell of it all isn't too fresh I can tell you.
There was some dirt (leaves of trees) in the front, but I removed this and it didn't solve my problem. It isn't just a few drops, but a considerable amount of water, wetting my feet.
Someone suggested that it could come from the front window. Is there a way that I can check this. It looks fine, but I'm not sure it is.
Many thanks,

Koos Jansen
The Netherlands
koos

Had the problem myself,

Take the pollen filter out of the plastic cavity which the filter is in will be full of water, when it rain the filter housing fills with water, when it gets to a certain height the water flows down the heating ducts and wets your feet.

If you look under the right hand wheel arch you will see a piece of rubber dangling down, this is the drain pipe for the pollen filter box, pull it apart with your finger, it will be full of stinking rotten leaves, etc. clean it all out it will stink though. Get a watering can and then pour it in the air box cavity and see if it drains properley, job done in about 15 minutes

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Forum

Thanks a lot for all the knowledge that seems to be going around here.
:D
I already cleaned the filter and the rubber tube. The rubbers of the wipers are ok. I've got no sunroof.
This afternoon I went to see someone and I asked him if he could take a look. He pointed out to me that it wasn't water at all that was filling up my car. It turned out to be the cooling liquid. Evidentally I got a leak in the heating system. The tube coming from the engine got a bypass and for now I once again can keep my feet dry.
Nevertheless, thanks all for the swift reactions.
Bye,
Koos

·
Registered
498 Posts
leak

Koos Jansen said:
Hello Forum

Thanks a lot for all the knowledge that seems to be going around here.
:D
I already cleaned the filter and the rubber tube. The rubbers of the wipers are ok. I've got no sunroof.
This afternoon I went to see someone and I asked him if he could take a look. He pointed out to me that it wasn't water at all that was filling up my car. It turned out to be the cooling liquid. Evidentally I got a leak in the heating system. The tube coming from the engine got a bypass and for now I once again can keep my feet dry.
Nevertheless, thanks all for the swift reactions.
Bye,
Koos
Heres another tip

If you find another leak, either lick the carpet or push your finger in the carpet, then lick your finger, if the taste is sweet, then it is anti-freeze/coolant(just a small tip, but you learn something everyday)...........

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts