SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mr. Corn Cob..... How many feet of 1" wrap did you say it took you to complete the manifold and dp? I'm ordering the copper wrap sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Finally got it all wrapped up with the new wrap. I do really like what it does for the car. And after putting the new sparks in, ny other issue is gone completely.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
Finally got it all wrapped up with the new wrap. I do really like what it does for the car. And after putting the new sparks in, ny other issue is gone completely.

Did you notice anything?

I have been wanting to do this, along with wrapping my intake tube.

I did my supply pipe on my old 9-3, but that may have been a bit misguided.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
well the heat under the hood was drastically lower, havent gotten a chance to log any numbers, but I know from experience that they went way, way down. The power seems to come on better too but I have a feeling that had something to do with the new plugs as well. Do the DP before you install a new one (unless you already have it on) and be very patient with the manifold, it's tricky but ver very doable. Good luck.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It is amazing how much cooler it is under there huh? I didn't think it would reduce heat half as much as it did, I am glad I did it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Corn Cob said:
It is amazing how much cooler it is under there huh? I didn't think it would reduce heat half as much as it did, I am glad I did it.
Yeah me too, and after insulating the intake I can tell that not very much heat at all gets over to it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts