SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Saabsters,
I have the unmistakable howl of the wheel bearing on my 96 NG900 2.0 NA done about 180k, so I figure its about the right time for them to give out.

Its perfect timing as my MOT due on wednesday AND I need new tyres...

I just don't have the tools and I need a hydraulic press to get these things out, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a local garage to do it for me. My question is this:

1)
If anyone has a WIS and can advise how long the job will take for each front wheel, that would be really handy, so I can keep an eye on what I'm being billed for. I'm supplying the parts myself, so its just the cost for labour.

2)
My A/c clutch bearing was really noisy and since the system was evacuated, I decided to take out the pump and replace the bearing. It was on a Sendo Seki system and the bearing was a NSK 35BD219DUK
which I believe is discontinued. the dimensions are 35mm (ID) x 55mm (OD) x 20mm (Width)

How do you remove this bearing, can you do it without a press??
I presume you remove by pushing the bearing towards where the compressor would be when you have the wheel off??

Many Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any idea?

Hi guys,
Any idea how long the job would take so that I can cost this one up and not get ripped off??

cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts