SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the walk along the slippery slope begins.
Just in time for the national Saab convention.
Lube that slope, baby ! :)

Maybe it'll cut my drive time there by 30% :cheesy:

·
Super Moderator
19,146 Posts
About damn time....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep, Stage 2. All I have is an intake mod and a dynomax super turbo muffler. I also bought the plugs they recommend off the website. Big difference over the stock plugs. They recommend gapping the new plugs to .8-.9mm. I did not gap mine but Casey told me its only to combat misfires and breaking up under load. So far I haven't had an issue. I got a Stage 2 Eco and a regular Stage 2 tune from them. Ran the Eco for a bit and then flashed the more aggressive tune. I won't be going back to Eco any time soon lol

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yep, Stage 2. All I have is an intake mod and a dynomax super turbo muffler. I also bought the plugs they recommend off the website. Big difference over the stock plugs. They recommend gapping the new plugs to .8-.9mm. I did not gap mine but Casey told me its only to combat misfires and breaking up under load. So far I haven't had an issue. I got a Stage 2 Eco and a regular Stage 2 tune from them. Ran the Eco for a bit and then flashed the more aggressive tune. I won't be going back to Eco any time soon lol
Are you manual or auto trans? Any issues with clutch slippage?

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally received my two tune files from BCB today. Ignored the Stg 1 tune, went right for Stg 2. The upload to the car's ECU took < 5 mins (compared to 15-20 mins to download the stock file into the handheld :eek: ).

I did about 1.5 hrs of test drive, here's the nutshell:

Started the drive around town in urban traffic. The improvement is noticeable but barely so in stop & go traffic. But once I come to an incline the added torque is definitely there. That annoying hole between 1300-1800rpm is gone now, the new powerband is as wide as Texas and smooth all the way from 1200-4000rpm (I rarely go over 4K). Feathering the throttle is all that is needed to maintain 60-90mph on the freeway and passing from 40-70mph is but a thought away.

Engine sound is ever so slightly lower in pitch. Urban gas mileage is up about 1-2mpg, and highway mpg is also up about the same.

In the end, this was money very well spent. Although I would have preferred to just pay for the Stg 2 flash at half the cost of getting the handheld tuner package, the investment is still well worth it, this tune really TRANSFORMS my car ;ol;

Thanks to Casey (Rabbit here on SC) and Brew City Boost.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So excited for you Ken. You're stage 2 now!

There's no better way to fall in love with your Saab again than to feed it a solid Brew City tune.

Do auto 9-3's have a Sport mode? Did you try that yet?
Yes, mo' power does help with re-igniting the flame, so to speak.

No, we don't have sport mode switch. Sport mode is simply activated by further depressing the gas pedal ...... ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts
Yes, mo' power does help with re-igniting the flame, so to speak.

No, we don't have sport mode switch. Sport mode is simply activated by further depressing the gas pedal ...... ;)
I have the sport mode switch on my '09, although I never use it. Sentronic mode has the best throttle response by far and I use it most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the sport mode switch on my '09, although I never use it. Sentronic mode has the best throttle response by far and I use it most of the time.

Maybe I'll just try to find one of those buttons in a wreck yard and replace one on my dash ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts

That simply turns traction control on/off from what I thought.....you will have more tire spin as the car won't cut down any power when slipping.

But the Sentronic mode definitely changes drivability and throttle response. ;ol;;ol;

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts
That simply turns traction control on/off from what I thought.....you will have more tire spin as the car won't cut down any power when slipping.

But the Sentronic mode definitely changes drivability and throttle response. ;ol;;ol;
Nope they got rid of that button but re-introduced it in 2010 or 2011. The "S" is for sport mode. I have to go through the SID menu to disable TCS/ESP.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

Is this a joke? I don't have anything like that on my 2010. On my '03 that was the ESP button. Now in '08 the ESP is located in settings using the steering wheel buttons.

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts
Is this a joke? I don't have anything like that on my 2010. On my '03 that was the ESP button. Now in '08 the ESP is located in settings using the steering wheel buttons.
Not a joke. And if you don't have the ESP button on your '10 dash, then it came back in 2011.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Nope they got rid of that button but re-introduced it in 2010 or 2011. The "S" is for sport mode. I have to go through the SID menu to disable TCS/ESP.
Well....huh.....I didn't actually see the "S" on your button until now, why do they have to confuse us and put stuff, take stuff, move stuff all in a couple years lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts