SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
After seeing all of the recent threads regarding ECU tuning, I thought I would share my experience with Rabbit(Casey) the owner of Brew City Boost(BCB).

Today I took the drive from Chicago to Milwaukee for a tune. Since I already have exhaust and intake mods installed I felt a Stage 2 tune would fit the bill the best. After meeting and speaking with Casey briefly he started in on my car. Within a hour the tune was done and was ready to make some test runs for logging.

Right off the bat I could tell a huge difference in idle and when I revved the engine in neutral. The engine actually ran smoother with a noticeable increase in turbo noise and a deeper exhaust note. On the initial launch/acceleration the difference was obvious. The car is now much more responsive and has a dramatic increase in overall performance. This thing is simply a blast to drive now and has the power I always wanted. After making several runs for logging, we went back to Casey's garage and he examined the data he logged. At this point he was actually able to see that their was a slight leak in boost pressure leaking in my system. He was very helpful and guided me in the direction for diagnosing the possible leak

Overall my experience with Casey and his tune far exceeded my expectations. This is the best money I have ever spent on a car hands down. I highly recommend Brew City Boost to anyone and everyone that really want to unlock your cars capabilities.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And just for reference.
Brew City Boost is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Casey provides tunes for T5, T7 and T8 systems. You can either mail in your ECU or take the car directly to Casey's garage where he will do it all for you. And the price is simply the best out there, this price can not be beat

·
Registered
602 Posts
Glad you went with BCB, I got my tune from him to, my stage 2 this week :) how much HP and trq were you running? I got an arc so I might be pushing more.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
That's great there is another tuner out there, especially one in the midwest.

Now you say you noticed improvement at idle? No tune should effect the idle afik.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He told me about yours....sounds like your going stage 3 now right?
If I remember right, Casey said I should be around 225-235hp range, so just a tad more then yours stock

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great there is another tuner out there, especially one in the midwest.

Now you say you noticed improvement at idle? No tune should effect the idle afik.
Yeah, now that I think about it your right.......I am sure its just a placebo effect, or the new software smoothed things out

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nah hes sending me Stg2 tomorrow. I've had Stg1 since January. Hes got great service, great turnaround and all around great prices.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Saw this reference to BCB a few times here and thought it was just BSR mispelled. Brew City, must be a beer thingo! Cheers :lol:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm planning on getting my tune from him, a drive to Milwaukee should definitely be worth it!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Saw this reference to BCB a few times here and thought it was just BSR mispelled. Brew City, must be a beer thingo! Cheers :lol:
He's in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Orifinally settled by mostly Germans and other Eastern Europeans and at one time the beer capital of the US. Even the Major League Baseball team gets in on it.... the Milwaukee Brewers.

If you care, see the section on Brewing in this link (of course you care, don't all Australians love beer? I know, unless they love wine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad your happy with it! And thanks for the props.

I'm also about 80% certain I can make it down to Skokie next Friday. Just got a few tasks to clear off my plate first.
Awesome, It looks like we have close to 7 or 8 people lined up for you

·
Super Moderator
9,709 Posts
Glad your happy with it! And thanks for the props.

I'm also about 80% certain I can make it down to Skokie next Friday. Just got a few tasks to clear off my plate first.

What's in Skokie next Friday?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dang, I've been considering a tune through BCB and Skokie is very close... but I promised myself to fix the SAI valve first.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even better, I believe he can tune your ecu and remove the SAI from your system.
Two questions then, if I plan on getting a 3" downpipe, should I wait until I have that first before getting a tune? Also, wouldn't I still need the valve to keep the exhaust gas out of the engine compartment?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You will need to ask Rabbit about this...
But the way I understand is that you need to have all parts pertaining to performance installed before the tune is done. Also, I believe in newer year 9-3ss they completely removed the SAI without setting another system in place. So from what I heard, the tuner's can simply remove it from the ecu system

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Two questions then, if I plan on getting a 3" downpipe, should I wait until I have that first before getting a tune? Also, wouldn't I still need the valve to keep the exhaust gas out of the engine compartment?
Yes you will want the hardware intalled before the tune, unless it is tune dependent...such as injectors.

I can also disable the SAI diagnostic. You will no longer get a CEL for it. My test car has had his disabled for 6+ months with no issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's kind of what I figured for the tune and the parts. Looks like I'll have to wait until the next meet in Skokie or possibly arrange a short road trip.

As far as the SAI, is there a way to cap off the hose going to the valve so that I don't have to worry about exhaust going back through the valve and possibly pump as well? What do the 04+ look like where I have the valve and all that junk?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts