SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So after successfully busting my *** to replace the coilpacks and plugs in my '06 aero I have begun to notice trouble with ignition after a cold start (usually overnight). I've been keeping an eye on the voltage with my passport Redline, and during driving the voltage is normal (12.7 - 14.0 V). My car will start eventually after trying 2 times, but I hear clicking in the dashboard. Does anyone have any advice on how to pinpoint the issue? My car drives great while its running, no issues, no misfires (especially since I just changed the coilpacks and plugs). I don't have a problem with replacing the stuff I just want to make sure I know exactly what to change. Hopefully it is just the battery, but I do not have any experience or knowledge about knowing if it would be the starter :eek:. If anyone can offer what I should be looking for as I monitor the voltage while I drive please let me know! I don't think this is an alternator problem but I definitely want to get this fixed as soon as possible!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
First question is how old is the battery? If more than 3 years old I would start there especially with the V6.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First question is how old is the battery? If more than 3 years old I would start there especially with the V6.
I suppose its the battery... I believe its almost 3 years old. I've been searching other threads and people with battery issues were having the same symptoms. I just thought it was weird that right after I fixed my coil problem the battery goes a few days later. Not to mention breaking a vacuum brake hose line in the process of accessing the rear three cylinders.

Any suggestions on the best battery to get? Are Autocrafts decent? I was thinking about going with either an interstate or Autocraft Platinum.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
The H6 size battery at Walmart is a good deal.

Yes I know it's Walmart but...

·
Super Moderator
19,781 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts