SaabCentral Forums banner

Battery positive cable hot

269 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Bob12312357
Hello my 2007 2.0 battery positive clamp gets hot after running for about a minute and burns my fingers after driving a few miles. I've read the crimp melts and causes resistance. What has everyone done to repair since the complete cable is no longer available? I don't want to put one of the cheap battery post terminals on since they are not a good choice. I am only getting 13.2 volts at battery and new battery went dead after a year.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15,472 Posts
I have fixed few of them with common battery cables (with terminals attached), crimp connector and heat shrink tube (with glue) over connector.
If you do not have crimp pliers you can use bolt version of connector. Do not forget heat shrink tube.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The ground cables were checked and cleaned. Terminal posts and cable connections cleaned. I started and let run for about a minute and positive cable was getting warm. I will be buying a repair cable and crimp connection. seems like easy and quick thing to do. Went ahead and bought new battery for peace of mind.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced the battery positive cable with NAPA Battery Cable Saver and voltage is now 14.6 and cable does not get hot anymore. Yes!! I ordered a factory negative cable for good measure since that cable was getting warm as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts