SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my alternator go out on me and was driving only on battery power. I managed to make it to my friend's house while radio and lights were flickering before it died completely. Being a former mechanic, my friend told me my battery was close to exploding when looked at. Come to find out, I had the wrong battery in the car for over a year. Even after my pops replaced it twice suspecting it was the wrong type, the guy at Auto Zone gave him the wrong one still. Anyway my alternator blew maybe as a result but was replaced along with a new (and correct) battery a couple of days ago. Now my car starts, but my lights are still failing (except my fog lights) and my battery light flickers on and off frequently while driving. My friend mentioned I needed to get a new post terminal wire because of the strain the original one had on it. Plus it was spewing out acid powder. I'm hoping all I need to do is get new bulbs for the lights and change the wire for the battery light to stop blinking. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Take it to a Pro and have the Battery Cables/Ground Connection Checked, Have the Alternator output checked. Replacing bulbs won't solve the problem. And for the record, you are using a Group 48 battery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts