SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've been trying to find the source of a battery drain in my car but couldn't find the issue. Finally, I just took it into an auto electrical place and they told me that some wires right outside the "central electronics module" had lost their coating and created a fuse which also fried some circuitry in this "central electronics module".

The guy seemed a little sketchy and I had never heard of a central electronics module (granted I don't know much about auto electrical systems), but I haven't been able to find anything that mentions such a thing. I was wondering if it sounded legitimate.

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
There is nothing named the "central electronics module" in the 9-5 to my knowledge. You've got the ECU, the TWICE unit and the DICE unit. Sounds a bit fishy to me. Is this guy someone who regularly works on saabs? If not i would immediately look elsewhere for a second opinion.

Also if he says some sort of module, perhaps the ECU is fried, you would likely know about it in more ways than a slow battery drain....like the car not starting/running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts